Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Doubleshot..mmmmmmm


Forgive me if I babble. Today I was sitting at my desk at work staring at the dual monitors I have. One monitor I have the program up that I enter all of the classes the company I work for teaches and on the other monitor I have my email up. I have been staring at these screens since 8:30 this morning with only a couple of breaks and I am tired! I guess waking up at 3:00 am because I couldn't sleep doesn't help either. But hey, at least I got time to catch-up on The 2 Gossip Girl and Privileged shows I had recorded.

So I am sitting here and I finally decided I had 2 choices. Either fall asleep on my desk or go downstairs to the liquor store in our building and buy an energy drink. I am not an advocate of energy drinks so you have to relize just how tired I must be.

I looked at the selection and I cannot believe all of the choices. There were juice drinks, soda drinks and coffee drinks. They claimed to be so crazy full of energy. I of course bought Starbucks Doubleshot Energy + Coffee, vanilla flavored drink. It seemed like the only thing I could actually get down. All the other drinks were full of sweet flavors and seemed gross.

I have to tell you that the Starbucks drink I got was awesome. The can is 15 Fl oz and 2 servings. 210 calories and 2.5 grams of fat for the entire can! The taste is great and it did give me a bit of a boost but it's not like I'm shaking from a caffeine overload. I loved it!

So if you find yourself falling asleep at work my advice to you is try this drink! It's awesome!

1 comment:

Rena Jones said...

Oh, I love these! I can drink the Starbucks ones, but some of the others are too strong for me. There is one other kind that I really love (something blue agave or something), but when I drink it, I soon feel my heart racing. I literally feel like I'm going to go code, so I don't drink them often. But the Starbucks' ones are yummy!