Thursday, January 1, 2009

The first picture of the year

Last night was the first time Jonathan really understood New Years Eve. He understood that after midnight it was going to be 2009 and we were putting 2008 behind us. It's funny looking through a child's eyes sometimes. Things we just know, they are just starting to really understand.

We watched the Disney channel all night because they were running a New Years Eve theme for the kids. If I made a bet on whether or not Jonathan would actually make it to midnight I would have lost. He not only stayed up until the clock turned but he was up for an additional half hour to watch a new episode of one of his favorite shows, Wizards of Waverly Place. He was tired, yes, but he was also on a mission.



So before he fell asleep I let him know that I absolutely did not want to be woken up early. I wanted to sleep until at least 9:00 am. Well that didn't happen. I woke up at 7, Jonathan was up at 8 and yes, Dave is still asleep and will probably be asleep until 10. I don't know how he can do it or why I just can't anymore?

Oh well, on to a day filled with putting away ornaments from the tree, throwing away the tree, cleaning the living room and doing laundry. What an exciting life I lead. :)

2 comments:

Rena Jones said...

Yay for Jonathan! Tell him he's much stronger than me. I went to bed at 10pm! LOL @ Dave being able to sleep in. I can't do that any longer either. How sad is that.

I join you today with putting decorations away. At least I can watch the snow fall outside, so that makes it nice to stay inside.

Happy New Year to you, Dave & J!

Sunshine said...

Ha ha...GREAT picture & post! Or kiddos made it through too and still had some oomph left to go. They still can't believe they stayed up until 1:15!!! Shhhh...don't tell anyone...we are GOOD parents. Good, I tell you.

I can't sleep in either. :)