Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wow is it really spring?

As I watch the news I see the weather report from all over the U.S. Snow, rain storms, hail, etc. You would think that mother nature forgot that today starts spring.

When I was little in Hopewell Jct.,NY I used to love the air in the spring time. It was chilly in the morning but just enough for a light sweater or jacket. The winter coats were put away. The air even tasted good. It was crisp and there was always a light breeze. Once the flowers started blooming the air smelled a bit sweet in spots. And of course the birds were singing again and the deer started to venture out. Sounds like a movie, huh?

So here in Huntington Beach, CA it's about 51 in the morning and gets to about 73 during the high point of the day. Perfect! We have that light chill but then it's warm enough to enjoy. Much better than hot.

Spring has always been my favorite season. Happy Spring!

No comments: